Follow these five steps to add your inputs to this page
- Log in or Request a log in
- Click the comments icon...next to the section you would like to edit.
- Navigate to the text you want to edit and insert an empty line.
- Please conclude your edit by inserting ~~~~ at the end of your comments.
- Click the save changes button.
For more information about working with wikis navigate to our comments/authoring page: Help:Talk
We recognize 4 types of Finance & Accounting processes:
- Recording transactions - These are mostly transacted following business activities: e.g. generating an invoice resulting in a financial booking in accounts receivables.
- Recording journal entries for accounting purposes - These are driven by consolidation and closing activities: E.g. Monthly valuation of stocks.
- Reporting - the consolidation of financial information for the purpose of financial analysis and management reporting
- Auditing - the validating of accuracy of information for the purpose of error correction and fraud prevention.
Additionally we recognize the need for financial planning:
- Cashflow planning
Please add further process groupings or add definition to the existing
We are looking for metrics that define Finance & Accounting performance.
Key question here is what the key metrics are to measure the company's financial performance. Many key numbers are recognized from a stock valuation perspective, but how about internal indicators for financial performance? Are they the same or different or?