Sales & Support
The management and operation of all activities related to selling products and services and supporting customers
Download Quick Reference Card
Sales & Support
Sales & Support is the business function or domain that plans and performs the day-to-day sales and customer support activities. The primary objective of Sales & Support is to create customer demand of any kind, within defined service levels and revenue objectives.
The daily operational sales and support activities are grouped in 4 level-1 Processes
- Plan - The planning of resources to sell products and services and support customers
- Sell - The selling of products and services to customers and partners
- Contract - The development, negotiation and closing or acceptance of customer contracts
- Assist - Providing support to customer inquiries, issues and complaints
OpenReference recognizes 4 major sales & support configuration strategies:
- t:STC - Price lists and other standardized product, price, terms and conditions
- t:PBS - Negotiated configuration, price, terms, and/or conditions
- t:CSS - Custom solutions, engineer-to-order
- t:CRS - Subscriptions, renewal and recurring revenue
The Sell and Contract processes each have level-2 processes to support these strategies.
View our processes or download our Sales & Support Quick Reference Card.
Search Our Complete List of processes, metrics, practices and terms relevant to Sales & Support:
This page needs to be updated. Please participate in the discussion at the Sales & Support Discussion Page