The activities associated with performing one or more tasks to convert raw materials, components, parts, or sub-assemblies into sellable products, sub-assemblies or semi-finished products.
- Mixing, separating, forming, machining, or chemical processing
- Assembly activities performed in a station on an assembly line
- Assembling part of a product or a complete product in a production cell
- A single chemical process in a multi-stage chemical process
- A single batch in continuous flow production process
- In Retail: baking bread in a bakery
Typically the scope of a Produce process is limited to to one or more activities within the overall manufacturing process. The process ends when another process such as Testing or Issuing Additional Materials occurs.
Note: Common inputs and outputs are listed in alphabetical order. Other inputs and outputs may be required to support varying use cases.