The activities associated with gaining and maintaining knowledge of the supply market. The purpose is to learn how the market works, who the key suppliers are, what motivates these suppliers, what alternatives are available and what the risks are of sourcing from this market. The analysis focuses on 6 main areas:
- Demographics - Size, population, geographics, concentration, barriers
- Competition - Basis of competition, trade restrictions, life cycle status
- Relationships - Configuration, complexity, vulnerabilities, efficiencies
- Substitutions - Products, acquisition models, suppliers
- Internal factors - Policies, shared services, technological
- External factors - Compliance, political, economic, technological
This analysis is performed considering aspects such as risk, innovation, and strategic vs arm's length relationships, as defined in Identify Requirements.
|S002||Analyze Supply Market||3||S002|
|DPL||Denied Party List||DPL|
Note: Common inputs and outputs are listed in alphabetical order. Other inputs and outputs may be required to support varying use cases.