The activities associated with receiving a claim or request for product return authorization, verifying product and/or customer meet return authorization criteria and conditions, creating a return (material) authorization ('RMA' or 'RA') and issuing the RMA/RA to the customer. This may include notifying the customer of applicable Restocking Fees.
Create Return Authorization is a Reverse Logistics process.
- In a call center: Receiving, evaluating and creating a return authorization
- In Retail: Scanning the customer receipt, and entering the return
- In a retail service center: Accepting returned goods for further processing, issuing a return receipt
- Arranging transportation for a physical product return is part of the Return Product (D4) process. If the seller arranges transportation then the seller performs part of the D4 process.
- Online retailers often have the practice to include return authorization information with the original shipment to the customer to simplify the authorization process.
|S402||Create Return Authorization||3||S402|
Note: Common inputs and outputs are listed in alphabetical order. Other inputs and outputs may be required to support varying use cases.