The collection of processes associated with accepting product returns. The purpose of Source Returns is to receive and evaluate product returns and make initial decisions how to resolve the reason for return. The reasons for return may differ by incident or business:
- Defective or damaged product
- Wrong order or delivery
- Return of leased assets
- Scheduled Maintenance (MRO)
Source Returns is the S process that facilitates the Reverse Logistics Supply Chain Strategy, also known as Return supply chains.
- Goods or materials returned, inspected and diagnosed, awaiting further processing
- In a remanufacturing center: Products returned for remanufacturing, repair, or refurbishment
- In a Warehouse: Returned goods from customers or stores awaiting further processing
- In Retail: In-store return of merchandise
|CO1||Supply Chain Costs||1||CO1|
|AE1||Cash Conversion Cycle||1||AE1|
|MRO||Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul||MRO|
Note: Common inputs and outputs are listed in alphabetical order. Other inputs and outputs may be required to support varying use cases.